December 8, 2010

Preparations Complete

So, after a few years of wanting to teach & travel abroad, everything is finally set and as of 6.20 AM tomorrow morning (Dec 9th, 2010), I will begin my great Korean adventure.  Having thought this day would never arrive, I now look at basically two bags totalling 72" x 36" & that is what my life will consist of for the next 12 - 13 months....sure, there are bound to be many great adventures, memories & experiences one cannot pack into their luggage but looking at the bags makes me think how simply we all can live, if necessary!

I am certainly excited about this tremendous opportunity to immerse myself in a culture completely different than anything I have ever experienced before but as with any new endeavor, we must part ways with old friends, family and truly important people in our lives with the hope that upon our return, they will still be an intregal aspect of who we are while continuing to make us laugh, smile or simply reminisce.  Having said that, I should thank everyone I've gotten to say goodbye to in the past few months, weeks & days.  There are many others I wasn't able to see but know that you are all an important part of me being the person you know today....I am a better person for having each and every one of you in my life, so thanks for that!

I will do my best to update this blog every week or two as well as post pictures & videos (thanks for the flip camera, Daniel - Ultra HD, baby!). 

I hope that each of you enjoys your adventures this coming year as much as I plan to with mine!  Remember, it's the journey, not the destination - here's to making it count!

Namaste,

mark (mista a)

No comments:

Post a Comment